The church, and the world, are experiencing a digital shift. Churches who have never streamed before, are now being forced to take that step.
I just wanted to share a few things we learned here at Cityview Bible Church.
1. Excellence is important, no matter the scale! Take the time to do it the best you can, with what you have.
2. Engagement is key. Interact with people and try your best to respond to every comment. Have pastors, elders, and other church leaders scheduled to interact in the chat and comments section, and ready to go on the different streaming platforms.
3. Have a back up plan! We upload our service to multiple platforms, and set them to private. We use this just in case our stream goes down completely. We also have a church wide text prepared weekly, that sends out a link to each platform if another goes down.
4. Don’t be afraid to innovate. Just because it’s worked week after week, don’t be afraid to try and spice it up!
5. Connect with people and offer a way for them to take a next step. We are using a digital connect card to accomplish this.
6. Put Jesus on display. Remember at the end of the day, we are trying to put Jesus on display for all of our church family to see. Plus now there are new eyes that are watching.
And to all those people who are working long nights away from their families, I am with you! You are helping put Jesus on display for the world to see, and what you are doing is more important than ever.
With all the hurt in the world, we all know there’s only one thing that can bring hope, and we are helping share that hope with the world!